First you need to register your credit card and phone number with Nextbike. We use phone numbers to identify you and credit card for payment and bike security. We will also need an email, address and PIN.
- The best phone number to register is a New Zealand mobile or international mobile. If you don’t have one of these your home phone number. The phone number must be unique to you, because our system links your credit card to this number.
- We charge your credit card $4 to prove it's not stolen. This $4 is credited to your first paid rental.
You can then find the nearest Nextbike from one of the many rental stations, or visit the map on the locate page to find the closest bike.
- You can rent upto 4 bikes per registered rider.
To ride call 09 909 9090, from your registered phone and then enter the unique bike number on the rear mudguard. You’ll receive the current bike lock code verbally and then by text on your cell phone. Ride wherever you need to go, 1 hour or 1 week, you decide.
- If you call from a phone number that is different from the one you registered with us, like a public phone, you will be asked to enter your registered phone number and PIN.
- Bikes can also be rented from the internet logging into your Nextbike account or by using our mobile internet site nextbike.co.nz/m
The bike must be returned to the location it was rented from. Call us again on 09 909 9090, confirm the bike numbers you are returning and leave a voice message with the exact return address and the rental is complete.
- The bikes can be ridden anywhere whilst you are renting but must be returned to the location it was rented from, or we’ll have to charge you to relocate the bike.
- Bike must be locked to bike racks only.
Riding charges are calculated on the time between the first and last call, and the cost is billed to your credit card.
- You pay just $4 per hour and $20 for upto 24 hours.
- Bikes can be rented for 1 week $80, 2 weeks $140, 3 weeks $180 and 4 weeks $200